Dr. Donald Whitney has been an asset to the Church for many years in his teaching, preaching, and writing. He is a wonderful source for anyone wanting to grow in personal spiritual disciplines. Below are his 10 questions to ask at the start of a new year. I have taken them from here. Check out his website here.
These are helpful to consider, and I commend them to you.
- What’s one thing you could do this year to increase your enjoyment of God?
- What’s the most humanly impossible thing you will ask God to do this year?
- What’s the single most important thing you could do to improve the quality of your family life this year?
- In which spiritual discipline do you most want to make progress this year, and what will you do about it?
- What is the single biggest time-waster in your life, and what will you do about it this year?
- What is the most helpful new way you could strengthen your church this year?
- For whose salvation will you pray most fervently this year?
- What’s the most important way you will, by God’s grace, try to make this year different from last year?
- What one thing could you do to improve your prayer life this year?
- What single thing that you plan to do this year will matter most in ten years? In eternity?