This short update is for any interested, but is primarily intended for those of you from Lake Hills.
Although our last Sunday at Central Oaks was April 23, the girls had a week left of school and therapy. It was an emotional time for many who have poured into our girls, especially the several therapists and teachers that have invested in Meredith. Caroline also had some great quality time with some of her friends. Also, this past Saturday I finished my last commitment in ministry here at the Navigate One Day conference, a small conference I helped launch last year for Free Will Baptists in Michigan. On top of those things, we’ve been packing consistently and planning for the move.
Lynsey and I really want to start as well as we possibly can at Lake Hills, and since this is such a significant change for us, we thought it best to take advantage of the in between time and take a vacation. We rarely have been able to vacation just with the four of us, so we are very much looking forward to an entire week at Myrtle Beach in South Carolina starting tomorrow, May 2.
We’re very thankful to those of you who have been praying for us and preparing the way for our arrival. So many have had our best interest in mind: Pastor Phil, the deacons led by Justin Lundy, Pastor Adam and the staff, Bob Wasiuta, and many others. We even got a few care packages from the women’s class (they called themselves “the OLD ladies class”), the Kampenga Life Group, and the Sjoquists and Poulsens! The kindness and foresight you all have shown us has been humbling. Truly, we are grateful.
This coming Sunday is an important day for you all as you say thank you to Pastor Phil and Sarah for 18 years of ministry. Do this well. May it be a special day for all of you!
When we first arrive, I plan on spending the first several months learning as much as possible about you all, the surrounding community, and how you all do things. We may not have the ability to host many of you until the Lord provides a house for us, but we would love to have as many meals or hang out times with as many of you as possible.
Here’s some dates to keep in mind:
- May 2-9–Riggs Vacation in Myrtle Beach
- May 10-12–pack the moving trailer
- May 12–official move date
- May 14–first Sunday at Lake Hills
- May 15-19–estimated delivery of our trailer
- May 20–tentative unloading party at Lake Hills
Here are some items to pray about:
- For God to grow our joy in Him during this vacation
- For God to grow our hearts for you and the surrounding community
- For God to provide for Pastor Phil and Sarah
- For a start that’s full of the Spirit and fruitful for King Jesus
- For the Lord to provide the house He wants for us and for us to be aware of His leading
- For God to build a solid foundation between me and the deacons and staff
You make known to me the path of life; in your presence there is fullness of joy; at your right hand are pleasures forevermore.Psalm 16:11 ESV